One of the homework assignments for Unicorns Galore! The Sky Unicorn Novel Study and More is to make slime. So, we made fluffy slime this weekend!
2/3c white Elmer’s Glue. We buy it by the gallon
1tsp Baking Soda
2 1/2c shaving cream
1.5 Tbsp Contact Lens Solution
Liquid food coloring
1. Add your white glue to a bowl.
2. Add the water and baking soda, and then mix.
3. Add the shaving cream and mix.
4. Add the food coloring until you are satisfied with the color. Mix.
5. Now, slowly add in the contact solution. We like to add in 1 tablespoon, knead for 5 minutes and then add in the 1/2 tablespoon after kneading for some time. The slime will be very sticky when you’re kneading – and that’s normal!
The first tablespoon you add will let you start to knead it. And the last 1/2 tablespoon will bring the stickiness down and it shouldn’t be sticking as much to your hands.
Note- fluffy slime is MESSY when you’re making it. It is normal that it will stick to your hands as you’re kneading.